The Taste Of Success
Posted by IdeaSmith
Being a successful woman is so much more than being able to make men respect you. So much more than finding a supportive partner. So much more than raising kids in a gender-equal way. So much more than racking up professional accolades.
When will I feel truly successful? Even after I’ve notched up an impressive resume, twice over, I still haven’t been able to forget the sneering remarks of my classmates. Long after I’ve proven a woman can be a good boss, a better one even than a man, the memory of the female boss from hell hasn’t faded. And finally, years after I’ve succeeded in achieving babedom, the playground taunts about my skin colour and my nerdiness linger.
Success will be when these voices, these memories cease to matter. Success will be when the past breaks away behind me and I soar weightless, free into the future. Total freedom. Yes, that’s what success feels like it should feel like.
Then I will rest easy.
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About IdeaSmithIdeaSmith is the digital doppelganger of Ramya Pandyan (intrepid train-traveller and frequent spouter of post-midnight rhymes and rants). As IdeaSmith she battles obscurity and slays boredom with her stories about men, books, digitalia and Mumbai. She performs live and also blogs, tweets, Instagrams, Facebooks, +G’s, Youtubes and Goodreads all as IdeaSmith. Ramya is a blogger, digital storyteller and spoken word performer. She also runs a forum for aspiring writers called Alphabet Sambar. Tweet-bomb her at @ideasmithy.
Posted on July 23, 2013, in Being Woman, Flying solo and tagged Content with success, Lonely at the top, Making peace with success, Successful woman, Women professionals, Women proving themselves. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.