XXFactored 8-14Apr: On Good Girls & Smart Boys
Posted by IdeaSmith
This week I looked at the way we women interact with the media. I don’t mean only the more famous of us and the soundbites to the press. I mean, what messages we take in and what we give out. In truth, all media is a two-way conversation between individuals and the world. What we make popular indicates what we like, what we are consuming and so we get fed more. Think about this and have a great week!
- Technology is a creation medium, possibly the most wide-reaching one today. Why should women let themselves get left behind? ‘Girls, Media, Tech: Creators, Not Just Consumers‘ via Zemanta
- Boys. Books. Mmm Mmm Mmm. And apparently I’m not the only one. : ‘Reading is Sexy‘ via Thought Catalog.
- Some parts of this made me snigger, some parts made me angry. Feminism, just like other popular causes, gets hijacked and ruined by vested interests. (via Battlefield315)
- To the great numbers that made an abusive guy, a hit: Ladies, look what the world is thinking about us!: ‘Women’s Intellectual Development ‘ via Wumo
- What makes a good Indian girl? A funny/insightful video-promo for the book The Bad Boy’s Guide to Good Indian Girls has some answers. I‘m in the interviews too. Read the book, I loved it. (via Annie Zaidi & Smriti Ravindra)
You can catch these links as I find them on the XX Factor Facebook Page. Send me any interesting links you’d like to see here and I’ll feature them with due credit. Email ideasmithy at gmail dot com or Tweet to @ideasmithy
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
About IdeaSmithIdeaSmith is the digital doppelganger of Ramya Pandyan (intrepid train-traveller and frequent spouter of post-midnight rhymes and rants). As IdeaSmith she battles obscurity and slays boredom with her stories about men, books, digitalia and Mumbai. She performs live and also blogs, tweets, Instagrams, Facebooks, +G’s, Youtubes and Goodreads all as IdeaSmith. Ramya is a blogger, digital storyteller and spoken word performer. She also runs a forum for aspiring writers called Alphabet Sambar. Tweet-bomb her at @ideasmithy.
Posted on April 14, 2013, in Media Messages, Times, they are a-changing and tagged Annie Zaidi, Bad boy's guide to the Good Indian Girl, Good Indian Girl, Men who read, Smriti Ravindra, Thought Catalog, Women in technology, Wumo, Zemanta. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.