Misogyny Trending On Twitter With #LadiesWeWantAnswers
Posted by IdeaSmith
I was looking up the #mencallmethings hashtag on Twitter, when I noticed #LadiesWeWantAnswers trending in India. A search of both tags revealed a near-stagnant stream on #mencallmethings while my Twitter stream was throttled by the tweets on #LadiesWeWantAnswers. Here’s a random sample of some of the tweets on today’s Twitter trend:
- #Mencallmethings: Twitter Trend Highlights Sexist Abuse Online (newsfeed.time.com)
- #LadiesWeWantAnswers Questions Answered Here (collegecandy.com)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
About IdeaSmithIdeaSmith is the digital doppelganger of Ramya Pandyan (intrepid train-traveller and frequent spouter of post-midnight rhymes and rants). As IdeaSmith she battles obscurity and slays boredom with her stories about men, books, digitalia and Mumbai. She performs live and also blogs, tweets, Instagrams, Facebooks, +G’s, Youtubes and Goodreads all as IdeaSmith. Ramya is a blogger, digital storyteller and spoken word performer. She also runs a forum for aspiring writers called Alphabet Sambar. Tweet-bomb her at @ideasmithy.
Posted on November 12, 2011, in Being Woman, Harassment & abuse, Men, men, men, Times, they are a-changing and tagged #mencallmenthings #LadiesWeWantAnswers, Online Communities, Social networking, Trending and Popularity, Twitter, Twitter trends. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.