XXFactored Aug2011: Relationship Anarchy, Divorced Friends, Crushes & Glorious Singledom
August saw XX Factor introducing its very first guest-writer, TheSingleMarriedMan. I’ve been asking him to write a guest post for ages but he only recently consented. He’s newly single (after a longterm relationship) and is bringing his own brand of humour, cynicism & wisdom to XX Factor. I’ve also been on the lookout for alternate voices, male or female for this space. The battle of the sexes, relationships, dating & love are too big for just one person to talk about, don’t you think? If you or someone you know is interested in being one of the voices of XX Factor, do write in to me at ideasmithy at gmail dot com. And until then, here’s what we were looking at in August:
- ‘Indian Relationships: A State Of Anarchy‘: In this age of limitless social interaction, are we also setting ourselves up to relationship predators? (via Yahoo!RealBeauty)
- Tips for women on dealing with a male friend in the throes of divorce (via TheSingleMarriedMan)
- You’re never too old for a crush! (via Yahoo!RealBeauty)
- ‘Socially Obliged‘: A passionate viewpoint on being single & the way society may be heading (via Facebook)
- ‘Would you want women-only subway cars to stop sexual harassment?‘: An angle on street harassment – should women have to be segregated on public transport for protection? The question is raised by a US citizen for the US but the discussion holds valid everywhere, even ‘safe’ Mumbai with its ladies’ compartment. (via TheFrisky)
Posted on September 2, 2011, in Bookmarked, Relationships, The Dating Game, Unholy Matrimony and tagged Advice, Crush, Dating, Divorced men, Divorcees, Eve-teasing, Facebook, Female friends, Gender segregation, Indian relationships, Mumbai, Nolan Lewis, Relationship anarchy, Relationship predators, Relationships, Street harassment, TheFrisky, TheSingleMarriedMan, Yahoo Real Beauty. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.