XXFactored Feb2011: Defying V-Day Month With Sugar Mamas, Smart Girls & DIY
February, month of Valentine’s day and mush-mania from the media. I’m determined not to add to that deluge of pink teddy bears, silk hearts, roses and chocolates. Here’s presenting my picks for the short n’ spicy month of the year:
- The Rise Of The Sugar Mama (via YourTango).
- I’m actually flattered as I think a smart woman would be if she read on to page 2: Thought Catalog on why you should date an illiterate girl (link courtesy Alfred Lee).
- A good piece on innovative alternate uses for everyday products in beauty/fashion. (via Vintage Obsession)
- This is so not good news for us. Ladies, what’s this strange fascination we have with mystery (the more dangerous, the better)?: “Want to pique a date’s interest: Play hard to get” (via LiveScience)
- Sexual success dampens criminal behaviour. It’s not so much ‘calming influence of marriage’ as it is ‘ambition fulfiled’. (via The Economist)
- “Admirer Calls out Girl’s Facebook Status ‘Im so sick of boys being such dicks”…and ….and the comment-war that follows touching on everything from boy-girl relationships, online venting and Digg vs Redditt. (via Digg)
- An erotic writer writing as a man experiencing a woman. Gender lines crossing all over. (via RamyaRanee)
- We’re not a stockinged country but everyone loves legs (yes, we women do too!) and I love graphs in pop culture. So here’s presenting a matrix of stocking styles. “What your hosiery says about you” (via The Frisky)
Posted on February 28, 2011, in Bookmarked and tagged Alfred Lee, Committed criminals, Criminal psychology, DIY beauty, DIY fashion, Erotica, Facebook status, Hard to get, LiveScience, Online war, RamyaRanee, Smart woman, Stockings, Sugar Mama, The Economist, TheFrisky, ThoughtCatalog, Vintage Obsession, YourTango. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.