You Can’t Hurry Love…Or A Man!
Phil Collins tells me that,
A friend’s mother imparts the following wisdom on men and marriage,
“Don’t expect any kind of sense for about 3 years. After that they kind of settle down.”
PATIENCE is a virtue, apparently a prized one for a woman. Me? I never met a man who didn’t make me, within hours, want to bang my head on the wall. Irrespective of how much I liked him. I think men are like that. Born to annoy.
How does thou annoy me? Let’s count. (In no particular order of priority, they’re all equally irksome)
- Juvenile jokes (toilet humour, anyone?)
- Bad taste in clothes, furniture, colors, everything!
- Complete cluelessness about the concept of ‘Conversation’
- Hormone surges (okay, cross that, it isn’t always a problem)
- EEEEEEGO (with a huge, big, monstrous, mammoth of an E)
- Mixed-up priorities (“Let’s go watch the match now!”, “Why do you need to shop again?”)
- The gall to comment on my taste (“Haha, your brown lipstick looks like you’ve eaten mud!”)
Phewwww..*Deeeeep breath* I think I’m forgetting. I’ve never been high on patience anyway. Some day, some day, some day I’ll learn to tolerate a man being a man. And not keep looking into those starry-eyes and asking,
“Okay, have we grown-up as yet?”
Posted on February 7, 2011, in Battle of the sexes, Featured, Relationships, Survival Guide, Yahoo! and tagged Advice, Annoy, Attraction, Bad taste, Bird watching, Clothing, Clueless, Colours, Committment-phobia, Conversation, Ego, Furniture, Give and take, Hormones, Humour, Juvenile, Lipstick, Love, Lust, Male ego, Man, Maturity, Men, Mud, Patience, Phil Collins, Priority, Relationship, Rush, Sensible, Settling down, Shopping, Sports, Stubborn, Toilet humour. Bookmark the permalink. 48 Comments.