Posted by IdeaSmith
The first month of 2011 opens bright and clear for me. I think I’ve gotten a grip on this Bookmarked feature but I’m still waiting for your inputs. Talk to me! Tell me if this works for you and why. Do you prefer getting the links as-and-when on the XX Factor Facebook Page? Or do you like seeing a ‘best of’ list at the end of the month? What else would you like to see? What would you like to dump?
Here are my picks for the first month of the year. We’re heading into the (not going to say it, not going to say it) pink, heart-shaped month of February and that could mean a number of interesting things for XX Factor. Keep reading!
- As a bonafide geek-girl, I guess these are the women, it would be a compliment to be compared to: Ten Classic Nerd Queens Over 40 (via Gunaxin)
- To go dutch or not, that is the big question. Here’s some reasonably sound advice from a man: The New Take On Going Dutch (via ManOfTheHouse)
- Pop psychology has its uses, especially in dating!: Judging A Guy’s Dating Potential By His Job (via YourTango)
- There’s nothing quite like red lipstick. It really is the superhero cape for a girl! How To Do Red Lips For Indian Skin (via Republic of Chic)
- If this were in a movie or a book, I’d deem it cheesy. But here, I’m all “Awww…”: “The customer is only enrolling so she can see you more often. The customer is in love with you.” (via PostSecret)
- A Girl Who Set Up 15 Dates In The Same Bar…And Stood Them All Up! (via Nerve)
- Find The Perfect Wingman! (via Foster’s)
- Harsh but true: “You always post those “85% of people don’t have the courage to post this as their status” FB status updates.” (via ThatsWhyIDumpedYou)
- On bad-boy-loving women and how to behave around them (via AskMen)
- 12 Types Of Friends You Should Break Up With (via YourTango)
- A matrilinear society in modern day India? (via TheGuardian, tipped off by Sveccha Kumar)
- 10 Fun Facts About Kissing: See no.4 on this list! I’m tempted to say it’s worth living a short life if you live it rightly and kissfully! (via TheFrisky)
- Tricky Tacky Trousers (via WTForever21)
- Health is a privilege for Indian women: 70% can’t afford sanitary napkins, reveals study (via TimesOfIndia)
- I’ll stick with ‘Familiarity breeds contempt’.:Passion Fades & The Phenomenon Has A LOLsy Name (via NakedCity)
- What women really think of sex (via Twitter)
Posted in Bookmarked
Tags: AskMen, Bad Boy, Bar, Beauty, Bills, Blind dates, Bloopers, Break-up, Classic, Contempt, Customer, Dating, Dumping, Dutch, Facebook, Familiarity, Fashion, Foster's, Friends, Friendship, Fun, Geek, Geekboy, Gender stereotypes, Girl geek, Health, Indian, Job, Kissing, Library card, Lips, Lipstick, LOL, Matrilinear, Modern economics, NakedCity, Nerd, Nerve, Passion, Paying, Phenomenon, Pop, Pop psychology, Postcard, PostSecret, Privilege, Psychology, Queen, Red, RepublicOfChic, Sanitary napkin, Sex, Skin, Statistics, Status updates, Sveccha Kumar, Tacky, ThatsWhyIDumpedYou, TheFrisky, TheGuardian, TimesOfIndia, Trousers, Twitter, Wingman, WTForever21, YourTango
Posted by IdeaSmith
December has been full of drama and dazzle as always…a wonderful way to finish the year! I’ve been running ragged between parties, lunches, brunches, dinners, meeting out-of-town friends and family and celebrations. But I have managed to keep up with what’s hot and happening on the internet as well. And here’s what I was warming my fingertips with this month on XX Factor:
- Financial independence, earning capacity…What’s sex got to do with it? (via Yahoo! Real Beauty)
- Does this mean I can claim my romcom DVDs under ‘Education Expenses’? Lessons from 90s romcoms (via YourTango)
- Grrrlllll power! Or maybe men are just easier to pick up than women! (via RhealityRings)
- We’ve seen ChickLit and then DickLit (or LadLit). Now here’s to GadLit (which is my truncation of Gay Lad Lit)! Tell what is thunk? (via Gaysi Family)
- Other people’s mistakes almost always provide a laugh…especially when they’re bigtime celebrity types. So here’s appealing to the inner cat in all of us. Miaow to that! (via Yahoo!)
- Maybe a lack of flexibility is the cause for most of our problems. That, and the fact that we expect people to love in exactly the same way we do. (via Twitter)
- My post on Yahoo! Real Beauty and a version of it that appeared earlier right here on XX Factor. I’m still asking for your thoughts.
- Five secret tests guys use to evaluate you while on a date (via Glamour).
- You can outsource anything in today’s day and age!! (via idump4U)
- Of course, this has a misogynistic air about it but it is funny. How to spot (and save your wallet from) a golddigger. (via The Bachelor Guy)
- Earlier posted on The XX Factor and now also on Yahoo! Real Beauty – the world’s most popular social network adds another layer of complexity to the already-intricate labyrinth of relationships.
- If our relationships are a reflection of the games we’re used to playing, maybe the people we date, are images of our favorite toys. Who then are we, by the toys we play with? (via Yahoo! Real Beauty).
- I can’t vouch for the people but the idea sounds interesting. For all you single bibliophiles out there! Alikewise is a dating website that matches you with people of similar book tastes.
- Really interesting how many of the roles depicted on this list tackled gender stereotypes. Ten ladies who’ve cross-dressed for roles. (via TheFrisky)
- Revolutionary or ridiculous? You tell me. I’m going with funny. “French Women Who Like To Swim Topless Protest By Asking Men To Wear Bikini Tops” (via TheFrisky).
- I tend to avoid risque on The XX Factor but this one was too good to pass up! TheFrisky‘s Sexy Rating Chart!
- Eh heh heh. This site makes fun of the Forever 21 brand. But this post likened superheroes to hookers. Funny, that resemblance never occurred to me. (via WTForever21)
- Earlier on The XX Factor and now on Yahoo! Real Beauty: Why do we trade in the attention of a hundred men for the indifference of one?
- A rather looooong article but it brings up some salient points. Gender equality isn’t quite as simple as it sounds, is it?”A modest proposal for male reproductive rights” (via MensNewsDaily).
If you found yourself featured here, if you’d like to be or even if you just enjoyed anything on this list (or…umm, didn’t), hop over to the XX Factor Facebook Page and talk to me about it! A very happy new year, everyone! XX Factor will see you on the other side of 2011.
Posted in Bookmarked
Tags: Attention, Bookmarked, Break-up, Catty, Chicklit, Cross-dressing, Date, December, Dumping, Earning capacity, Education, Facebook, Fashion, Financial independence, Flexibility, French, Gadlit, Games, Girl power, Labyrinth, Ladlit, LGBT, Love, Men's rights, Mistake, Outsourcing, Pick-up lines, Relationships, Risque, Romcom, Sex, Sexy, Social network, Survey, Twitter, WTF, Yahoo Real Beauty